Originally Posted by El Tejano
So let me just ask this...
Why would it be a bad idea to give Chad Johnson a really low offer and come in as a camp body and have to prove himself to our team? What's the worse that can happen? He not ever play, like Jeff Maehl who keeps taking up a roster spot? Or could he come in as the 3rd receiver and actually make a contribution?
- Chad's last good year was 2009. 2009!
- In 2011 with Tom Brady and the freaking Patriots he managed 15 catches, bring in only 48% of balls thrown his way. But you expect he'll do better here with Matt Schaub?
- He's 35 years old and slow and a historically poor route runner.
- He runs his mouth, chases the media, jumps in front of cameras, and brings negative attention to his team and acrimony in the locker room. He flaps his gums but can't back it up.
- Add to that every rep he gets he takes one away from one of the young guys -- and there aren't a lot of reps for those kids to make their mark.
- And he beats up women.
. I don't get the repeated fascination will worn out, self-absorbed ex-WRs.