View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #1457
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
If I'm not mistaking they offered 5mil per year to Reed, that seems like a fair offer for a player at his stage in his career, no?
Obviously someone thinks that was "unrealistic" that's what was in the quoted article.

Personally I think $5M is a good number, but I don't know if it's a "need to jump on it right now" good number. Bringing him in as early as we did in the FA period, sending out the Jet & overall making a big deal out of it, if we weren't prepared to throw out a "need to jump on it right now" good number, we shouldn't have wasted our time.
"We'll guarantee you $5.5M in 2013. We'll guarantee you $5.5M in 2014. What are you willing to guarantee for an extra $1.5M?"
Because I'm willing to pay a man of Mr.Reeds stature & reputation $7M but I need some guarantees. Guarantee me 16 games & I'll get you $500K. Guarantee me 5 INts & I'll get you $500K. Guarantee me less than a dozen missed tackles & I'll get you $500K. Guarantee me a touchdown & I'll get you $500K.

I should have been an NFL general manager