View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #1444
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I don't see it that way. I think his preference is to get as much money in his last contract as possible. I think he'll take it from anyone.
I don't know. I feel like he would have taken $7M back to the Ravens if that's what we had offered him.

However, I wasn't sitting in the room with him, so my "feel" may be way off base. I'd like to think if Rick Smith thought he would sign for $7M it would be a done deal.

Now, I used to sell cars for a living (that was a long time ago) & I know many times it's not the deal itself that is important, but the perception of it. Like the Barwin deal, I'm sure there is a way to structure this thing so that Reed can walk away saying he's got a $7M/yr deal when only $5.5 is guaranteed this year.

I think I could have closed him. Understand I am talking out of my ass being that I've never talked to anyone about "settling" for $5.5M/yr