View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #1439
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Burn %: Quin - 48.4%, Reed 55.6%
Yds allwed rec.: Quin - 334, Reed - 457

Also, Quin was better in tackling, while Reed had 4 INTs to Quin's 2. How that translates across systems is anyone's guess, but neither one are a scrub or worthless. Neither one is head and shoulders ahead of Reed. I think Quin was the better player last year, and I think Quin will never be half the player Reed has been over his career. Do with that what you will, I guess.
I understand what you're saying. & I know what the stats are saying. But how do you compare the burn rate of a FS to the burn rate of a SS, especially when they play in completely different schemes.

Ed Reed is normally hanging back, playing centerfield, watching 2 players or more where Quin is normally in some kind of man responsibility whether he's backed up or in the box.

I like Quin. I don't think Reed can play the way Wade used him. I don't think Jarius Byrd or any of the Safeties rated higher than him can play like he does.

If we were talking Byrd vs Reed, those stats would hold more water (with me), or Pollard vs Quin.

If I had my rathers, I'd prefer Quin & Reed, but the Texans weren't going to sign Quin, drop Manning, & sign Reed.