View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013   #56
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The popular thing to do is bash the ex-Texan. Never been much of a peer pressure follower myself, but it is what is.
You think there's peer pressure to bash former players? That's kind of silly. I haven't seen posters bashing Quin at all. Barwin was offered a pretty fair contract last season (similar to what he actually signed for this year), turned it down because he wanted more money then went out and had an extremely underwhelming season. Then, he effectively blames a lack of leadership as to why he underperformed. He's a professional athlete in a contract year, how much more motivation do you need? I don't know how you can be on the same field with a guy like Watt and not be inspired to bust your butt. Maybe Connor needs a guy in his face all the time to provide motivation, if he does that's on him not the Texans.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote