View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #102
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Compensatory Picks ANNOUNCED tomorrow

I have seen years where contracts like James and Jones not counted as qualified free agents. I guess the small bonuses they received kept them from being counted as vet minimum signings. Probably best to sign guys like this after June 1st, when they are no longer counted as free agency period signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Getting an xtra 3 (even if it's virtually in the beginning of the 4th round), is a valuable pick. For example I think OD was the first pick of the fourth round when we drafted him in 2006 ? But now 6th & 7th round picks are real long shots (OK, please nobody mention Tom Brady).
That's a good point. Your chances of hitting on a UDFA are about as good as a very late 6th rounder. And that's what those picks would have been. The Texans will be fortunate to find 9 rookies in the draft that can make their roster.