View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdbag View Post
Haha You really do despise Rick Smith and Kubiak. I don't disagree with everything you say, but you are blinded by dislike some of the time as well. In my opinion, Kubiak makes a lot of the offensive draft decisions and has since he got here. And a lot of the defensive picks have been by the different defensive coaches. Richard Smith loved Okoye. Frank Bush loved Cushing (reminded him of Romanowski) and also wanted Kareem. Wade wanted Aldon Smith badly but got another player he wanted badly as well in Watt who has turned out even better than Smith. I also believe the coaches dictate what they want in free agency. I guarantee you Sherman was the one behind Ahman Green. I also guarantee you Wade and Vance Joseph were behind JJo and Manning. Joseph ranked JJo as the best DB of that particular free agent class. I'm not even sure what Rick really does to be honest. He probably just helps gather information, seeks out opinions, and then goes with what the consensus is from the top coaches and scouts. When it comes to the cap, they probably rely on their "cap expert" Olson. They are being stingy now because they know Watt, Cushing, and Kareem are coming up. Good luck signing them if you're constantly after free agents.
I dont despise Rick and Gary, I have said that last yr is the best coaching job Gary has had since becoming HC. I just want a team that does everything it can to try to win a Lombardi. So far in 7 yrs it doesn't seem like the Texans as an org are doing that. Since Rick is the GM he must bear the brunt of the blame. It's kinda sad that after 7 yrs nobody knows what Ricks role is. That is the definition of the teflon man. Nothing ever sticks to slick Rick.

Could the Texans have a better HC than Gary sure, but my question is how long do you give this regime to win a championship? They've been here in one form or another for 8 yrs. Do you give them 10? 20? How many? Ithink the avg GM/HC lifespan is 5 yrs.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote