View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #50
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I really think Barwin was speaking of himself most of all. Really doubt he was throwing darts at anyone in particular. Probably tried to say what he thought was the least harmful to himself & his former team & we made a mountain out of it.
I think you are correct. Barwin is well aware of the fact that he had a down year & gave a few legit reasons for it IMO. The injury to Reed did have him moving around some & the ILB play was hardly what it was in 2011 after Ryans was traded & Cushing went down w/ injury. Sure, it's a bunch of excuses, but time will tell if those excuses were legit based on his future production in Philly & if he develops into a consistently productive player.

Personally I hated to lose him because I think he has potential, but overpaying for him wasn't an option that the Texans could afford. Good luck to him.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote