View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Broncos forced to cut Elvis Dumervil after contract gaffe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It was sent to Dumervil's agent only a few hours before the NFL deadline (to have all the paperwork in their office, and not the Broncos office.)

The Broncos botched that one.

Like I said, I would have set an earlier deadline to pull the plug on negotiation; not half a day before, not a few hours before, and especially not an hour before.
I thought I read that it was sent to Dumervil's agent 30 minutes before the deadline. There's enough blame to go around on this one, I think. The Broncos shouldn't have sent it that late and even so, Dumervil's agent should have been waiting by the fax with Elway on the phone going "WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT!!!???"
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote