View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Broncos forced to cut Elvis Dumervil after contract gaffe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
It was either take the pay cut or get cut. Dumervil waited them out.

I promise you, the organization wouldn't have tripped over technical issues had it been Von Miller.
I don't think you read all the news, Playoffs.

There was NO ultimatum.

Think like this; if there was an Ultimatum, it would have been real easy.
All the Broncos needed to do was to set an early deadline; two or three days in advance.

There was room for negotiation, thus the back-and-forth of swapping revisions.
The Broncos final offer was to guarantee $3.5M for injury and injury only in 2014.
It was sent to Dumervil's agent only a few hours before the NFL deadline (to have all the paperwork in their office, and not the Broncos office.)

The Broncos botched that one.

Like I said, I would have set an earlier deadline to pull the plug on negotiation; not half a day before, not a few hours before, and especially not an hour before.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote