View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #196
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He was brought in to evaluate David Carr, give McNair some general NFL advice, and we later found out that he recommended that the Texans extend Carr and draft Vince Young. I don't know how much McNair paid for that, but holy moley that was some bad advice.
I agree, but in the link that infantry provided it states that it was unknown on which length of extention Reeves may have suggested for Carr. I don't know if we can hold Reeves solely responsible for that one considering a "QB guru" HC was hired & probably had an opinion on what he could do w/ Carr.

Who knows, but that was one of the best drafts overall for the Texans, but one of the worst IMO to have had the #1 overall pick because none of the top 3 picks have become true game changers that is normally expected of players selected that high.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote