View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player exodus due to lack of leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Good riddance. The Texans defense is better off without that kind of cancerous attitude in the lockeroom. Cushing is the leader of the Texans defense. His infectious attitude is the kind that will make players want to run through walls. He gives everything he has on the field and in the weight room. Leads by example and vocally. So take your whiney attitude on up to Philly Mr. Barwin. The Texans don't need you here.
I agree. I put very little stock into the words of former Texans players. I think the only one that I'd pay any attention to would be Demeco Ryans, and that dude said nothing but positive things about his experiences with the Texans.

Barwin is playing the blame game because he knows Philly fans will eat his lunch if he doesn't produce for them in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Exodus? Really? Barwin and Casey got overpaid, no way we match their offers. And according to GQ, we never even made him an offer.
I'm not seeing an "exodus", either. We have not lost anyone that is irreplaceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
OR Barwin is just talking out his ass at this point like his excuses on not getting sacks.
That's all I'm hearing, as well. People who wish to criticize the team will be all over his words, but they are empty to me. If this was JJ Watt or Brian Cushing, I'd put more stock into it. But Barwin? Give me a break.

I find it amusing that anyone believes fan discontent has even the slightest influence on front office decisions and team operations.