View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Compensatory Picks ANNOUNCED tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Facts can be just as misrepresented as statistics.

Let me show you:

Since Kubiak and Smith have joined the organization and had control over the personnel (see: HWSNBN), there has been only one losing season and have an overall winning record during that tenure.

Outside of one fluke season - and it's a fluke based on what occurred the seasons before and after - the wins have consistently increased from 6 to 8 to 9 to 10 to 12.

They've had a Top 5 Offense, a Top 5 Defense, the top QB, the top WR and the top RB at some point over the last few years.

Two straight Divisional titles, going 22-10 including winning road records in both season, and winning two playoff games.

To quote "A Few Good Men": These are the facts, and the facts do not lie.

That being said, we ALL know that this does not accurately portray the complete state of this organization. Just like saying Rick Smith is a bad GM because he hasn't orchestrated a SB-winning squad during his tenure.
You are quite right in that "facts" can be twisted anyway you want to in order to fit a viewpoint.

Personally, I don't care what the facts say. My feelings are quite well known. Rick Smith is (mostly) fine and OK with me, it's keeping Kubiak that irratates the hell out of me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote