View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Remember they are tight against the cap because of penalties from the lockout season. I think they only have 1 more year left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yeah, I was just going to say that the penalty going away will by itself create $18 Million of cap room for 2014. The total salary cap penalty was $36 Million split 50/50 between 2012 and 2013.
After Vinny's post, I spent a few hours reading about the Skins, checking out their players, their contracts, and their future cap spaces.

They will be tight for at least a couple of years.
But the best thing may happened to them there, because it forces them to make do. Some lesser guys will be given opportunities and they might step up.

Their FO learns a lesson and they will be spending more wisely (doing more leg work ; ie. spend more time to hone their trade a little harder than they already have - that's pretty normal with most people, I think.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote