View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #182
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well I remember in here that it kept getting talked about almost all season long how they were staying in some pace to be the worst defense ever. I didn't remember the exact numbers it was, but it was a talking point for a while.
I think it was worst pass defense ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
But I think we agree that it can't really be argued that Wade wasn't brought in to clean up a mess.
I think he did a good job putting the guys in positions to do what they do. I wouldn't say he cleaned up Rick Smith's mess, because then you're talking from a personnel perspective.

Many of those first & second round draft picks were here way before Wade. The value picks, Quin & McCain.... before Wade. Wade fixed Gary's mess, Rick has done a fairly decent (I'd say pretty good, but I don't like the guy) job getting players for our defense.

Jj Watt & Brooks Reed are similar to other guys Smithiak drafted before Wade.... Cushing, Demeco, Connor, Quin, McCain; they all fit the same mold.

Jjo & Manning are like their other FA signings; Antonio, Wade Smith, Pollard, Myers (trade).... all were fairly young (for FAs) that may have been undervalued.

The coaching improved by leaps & bounds, but the quality of players has been on par.