View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #1209
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We didn't goof up on Foster.Tate and Forsett heading into 2013? No thanks.
He was a restricted free agent. You could have put a first round tender for 1/3 of his 2012 contract then franchised him this year for the same we are paying now if he didn't want to make a deal.

Quote:
Antonio Smith is arguable. He had a down year this past season. But hey, the whole defense did. Right? Right.
I kinda thought he had an awesome season, I was just pointing out his restructured contract that brought in JJo and Manning is entering it's final year and thus his cap hit is massive. Not to mention he is a bandaid in the same way JJo was. We needed him to cover the amobi okoye bust of a draft pick in that epic 2007 draft class Smith chose.

Quote:
Joseph is worth every penny we gave him. The alternative is to put KJ at CB1 and then what would we field as CB2???
JJo is great but he was a "don't fire me move" when Smith botched the secondary and wasted a season. Any kind of a defense gets that 2010 team in the playoffs. The quick fix burns you later though. He came at the cost of Meco and Winston which turned out to be big problems when our ILB depth hit -3 in a hurry last year and our right side blocking was hot garbage. I didn't even mention Mario, lol.

Quote:
Success sucks. Two of those 10 years, which are the past two seasons of football, we've won the division and made it to the divisional round each year...and we're paying for it. It happens. Doesn't mean our FO are complete idiots. Does it? Refer back to my rant earlier about how we're an instant gratification society. That's all I got to say. The problems we have, they're good problems to have. IMO.
Other teams seem to have a bit of a longer run before the ship starts listing. After one year in the playoffs we lost KEY players to cap problems. Other teams have a little bit of a longer run before hard choices like this are made.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote