View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #1207
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

It's the "Houstonian Attitude" ... been scorned so many times and had our hearts ripped from our chests enough to just be happy to compete. God forbid the fanbase actually expects the team to be proactive and appease the fans every once in a while and make the moves that scream "Super Bowl or Bust"!!

We dont have this 'seek and destroy' mindset that many other cities and fans have. We are content just winning division championships and are quick to hang banners for that. As a team they dont have the 'kick em while they're down' mentality that a Belichik team has, often allowing teams that were supposed to be down and out, back into the contest. I've heard that they dont even hang AFC East banners in Foxboro, only Super Bowl banners, thats the mindset I want to have, yet many of my 'bro's' are just happy that they dont suck anymore.

I hate the fact that the rest of the nation views us as country hicks, and IMO sometimes in trades or even personnel decisions I cant help but think how much more that stereotype gets engrained "those dumb Texans" because apart from the respected contributors of this site, I dont read many publications applauding our personnel decisions, I wonder why?