View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #48
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU intrested in FA OLB Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
No, you guys think that because we never hear the inside details of our FO's plans and how the FA system has a million moving, fluid parts to it, then it must mean the FO are boobs.

Seriously, once again you're proving my point: Fans don't know what goes on in a FO leading up to the FA period and even during the FA period.

Just because something doesn't go the way you think it should go, it doesn't mean the FO screwed the pooch.

To you, the FO gets players by blind luck and misses out on the player they really wanted. Sure, our primary target was Aso but there was a Plan B and the FO switched gears. Still have to give credit to the FO for not being stubborn like the HC has proven to be his whole time here. That's why Rick > Gary...one guy has ability to adjust, the other doesn't.
Not convinced. This FO has made some good moves no doubt with signing JJo and Manning and then drafting guys like Cushing and Watt. My point was, and I think you missed it, was that this FO is not known for making bold moves. As I said before, it took a historically bad season for them to realize that we need some new talent on defense. We have a need at another quality pass rusher out there and if it means overpaying for a guy like Dumervil then so be it. This defense absolutely needs a great pass rush to succeed and it would somewhat negate the need to sign a high priced safety.