View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #1203
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
GP, great points and analogy. I, for one, had not looked at the situation like this and it makes "real world" sense to me.
Let me offer another, possibly also correct, viewpoint.

The cowboys unwisely overspent, but are also still paying for the "uncapped" year that wasn't. All the owners that didn't go over the phantom cap decided to punish them for spending extra money.

On the Texans side:
  1. overpaid for Schaub and Foster.
  2. gave Andre Johnson a raise when he still had 5 years left on his contract. They made that contract incentive heavy but he freaking hit all the escalators and incentives. Now his cap hit for 2013 is 14.6 million dollars, or more than double than it would have been.
  3. botched the secondary personel moves that resulted in a wasted season, and the need to break the bank bringing in JJo and Manning. The pain is coming this year in the form of Antonio and Joseph's 20 million against the cap.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote