View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #1201
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Woodson MAY be a decent temporary replacement for Quin in that before his collarbone fracture at St. Louis last year (missed 9 games), he was playing strong safety in the Packers' base defense, then playing the nickel and dime slot positions in sub packages. But his coverage skills are questionable at this point.

I understand what you are saying, but even if we did sign Reed I wouldn't think we would get more than 2 decent years out of him. Smith and the FO counldn't get a deal inked while he was here so I am not getting my hopes up on Reed signing here. Just saying I would rather the FO go out and try to sign at least a serviceable safety instead of waiting for Reed when he may not even sign here anyway.