View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU intrested in FA OLB Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
After my rant, I'd like to ask someone who understands the cap more than me to explain the ramifications of going over it. I've heard 'hard cap' which i thought meant 'cant go over it' and then some people say that Dallas and WAshington are paying luxury taxes for going over the said 'hard cap'. Im a little confused. If YOU CAN go over a cap I think the Texans should for at least this year with whats available right this minute.
There is no going over the salary cap in the NFL like the NBA where you have the soft cap and luxury tax. The NFL's cap is a hard cap.

There are two dates - one around training camp which your top 45 (I believe thats the number) salaries must fit under the cap and the final cut off date where your entire 53 man roster has to fit under the cap.

The uncapped year is what Dallas and Washington were penalized for. That uncapped year wasnt really uncapped from what I understand.

Cak is right , search Dutchrudder's post history .... He can answer these questions with more clarity. I understand them , just have a hard time explaining it all , remembering dates and numbers. But the bottom line is : There is no luxury tax! There is no exceeding the cap!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote