View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013   #18
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: HOU intrested in FA OLB Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Antonio's cap is $9.5. This is the last year of his contract and he could be cut with 6 mil in savings and $3.5 in dead money. Better would be to extend him 2 years with something like:

$1 mil, $3 mil and $4 mil in base salaries with an $8.5 mil signing bonus, i.e. he gets everything promised this year and an extension.

His cap hit would go to $3.83 for a savings of almost 6 mil. Same savings as cutting him and keep the player.

Please see above. You clearly just don't like Smith wanting to cut him in every thread. My proposal makes much more sense for the team.
Or maybe I watched teams (pats,colts,packers) block watt and work the secondary like old main st. JJ had what, half the teams sacks? Antonio is a solid player, dummerville is a all pro,pro bowl caliber player. Not only that,he's younger and he knocks the qb down. He improves your secondary big time. You take smith money and give it to the better player.