View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HOU intrested in FA OLB Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
I think Antonio's cap number is close to $10M this year and cutting him isn't really an option. Maybe restructure/extend him for 2 years?
Antonio's cap is $9.5. This is the last year of his contract and he could be cut with 6 mil in savings and $3.5 in dead money. Better would be to extend him 2 years with something like:

$1 mil, $3 mil and $4 mil in base salaries with an $8.5 mil signing bonus, i.e. he gets everything promised this year and an extension.

His cap hit would go to $3.83 for a savings of almost 6 mil. Same savings as cutting him and keep the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
They could cut antonio and save 4.5m. His salary is 6+m. And his bonus is like 2.75m. They would have the bonus as dead money for 2 yrs unless he's in the last yr. His salary is non guaranteed.
Please see above. You clearly just don't like Smith wanting to cut him in every thread. My proposal makes much more sense for the team.