Thread: Brandon Lloyd
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Lloyd

Oh boy a lot of you guys are overrating Lloyd's skills pretty hard here. He had a season like that because he played in the best offense of the league that had been a top offense like that for like 5 years straight before he ever showed up. He got the benefit of a lot of targets, and let me tell you Lloyd was screwing up routes and dropping balls at a lot of opportune times. He had a great chance to really excel and he really didn't. He was the biggest weakness on the Patriots offense and that's why he is being cut.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't be possibly be a good #2 to AJ, but it's not any problem solved type of thing at all. It would be a bandaid on the problem at best and only for a year or two maybe. Lloyd has always had motivational struggles in his career and I'm not so sure on how hard he'll work here like he did in NE. He seemed to play well in Mcdaniels system, but everywhere else he played he never really caught on.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote