View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #171
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
A little nit-picky here, I don't know that Wade cleaned up his mess, but he made a hell of a stew with the ingredients Smithiak bought. I think the worst tomato of the bunch, we can all agree was probably Kj & he turned out just fine.

Smithiak was already improving the talent on our defense; Mario, Demeco, Cushing, Barwin, Quin, McCain, Sharpton, Cody, Antonio, Jamison,

Maybe they didn't have the gnads to get rid of Okoye had Wade not come along. Maybe they'd have paid Mario $100M had Wade not come along. But Cushing & Demeco were as dynamic a player as Watt their first two years & had that same kind of impact.
It really isn't disputable that Wade had to come in and clean up Rick's mess, because that's what is was. Did you forget that the Texans defense were in the running for being the worst defense of all time from a scoring average against them? They were atrocious the season before Wade came in. Smithiak had trusted their buddies to run the defense before Wade, and both were a disaster. What Wade was able to accomplish in one off season from a turn around time standpoint is amazing and I think a lot of people forget that. Our defense may not be perfect as of now, but it's a pretty damn good one and it got pretty good much faster than any of us expected. Wade did a great job, but their is no question that it was mess that needed to be cleaned up when they were the worst defense in the entire league.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote