View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005   #8
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I would be especially interested in hearing people's chilli recipes, as I have yet to find a good one. I generally just dump in a bunch of ground sirloin, some tomatoes, some onions, kidney beans, garlic, chili powder, and paprika. It just tastes so plain
Here's one of my favorites:

You'll need 1lb of ground beef
1 lb of ground pork sausage
lg onion-chopped
2 cloves or more of garlic/finely chopped
lg bell pepper/cut into chunks
1lb of smoked sausage/chopped into bite size pieces
1tbs ground oregano
3tbs chili powder
1 tsp corriander
1 1/2 tsp celery seed
2 large jars of cut tomatos/undrained
2 large jars kidney beans but save the juice separately
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
mozzarella cheeese (for the top) shredded

in a large heavy cast iron stock pot (or whatever) brown beef, pork sausage,onion and garlic. Add bell pepper and sausage chunks continue to cook for a bit. (you can drain fat if you want) I don't. Add spices nad tomatoes (use your hands to break up or squish up the tomatoes) simmer some more and add the beans. In a bowl add some of the bean juice to the corn meal until like pancake batter consistancy and mix into the chili, this helps to hearty it up. Simmer for awhile longer and top w/ cheese when you serve it. Very good recipe I use it a lot. don't be afraid to embellish w/ whatever tickels your tongue!