View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #1175
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I am not a capologist but Islept in a Holiday Inn last night...LOL

Serious question: how does Joe have all the leverage now?
Because at the end of three years, Baltimore will very much want to avoid the $28+ Million cap hit that comes in year four (and they can't afford to cut him). Joe is free to either ask for ridiculous money for extending, or very happily continue on with the contract and the $18 Million he's scheduled to collect in 2016.

And if I'm wrong, and the Ravens do decide they can afford the $25+ million in dead money that results from cutting him, then I'm guessing Joe will be okay taking the $62 Million he's gotten over the past three seasons and seeing what the market is for a quarterback who's still pretty comfortably in his prime.