View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #1169
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
At the end of the day football players move to other teams for two things.
People, including football players, particularly those who are multi-millionaires who have already achieved the pinnacle of their sport do things for all sorts of reasons.

Quote:
And for option B, I don't think that Reed will view the Texans as some big time contender for next season due to Schaub being the QB here.
I doubt AJ and Reed share your assessment of Schaub. AJ has had several opportunities to bail and hasn't. Reed has watched Schaub bring the Texans back from down 21 pts to tie the Ravens and watched the Texans shellack the Ravens in their SB year with Schaub at the helm. I seriously doubt he holds the opinion Schaub can't get the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I run a business operation and I would figure out what I think Reed would be worth and I would tell his agent that's my offer take it or leave it. But I wouldn't play the low balling shell game/offer/counter offer you speak of. This is just the way I operate. If Reed doesn't agree to my price I walk away. But the price would be at or above market for a HOF like Reed.
Low balling no, but take it or leave it rarely works as an initial bid either. It's one thing when you are hiring a secretary and another when you are talking about matters like this. The Texans had talked numbers with Reed before he flew down here so he was comfortable with the ballpark being discussed and so were they.