View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre offers to restructure... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
You are correct. Context is key & we know only a small portion of it, but my point was not just for signing Reed but creating space to sign others as well. That's why I mentioned "players" as opposed to player. If they truly wanted room to wiggle to resign players such as Quin, Barwin, & Casey then the FO should've already reached out to certain players & at least have accomplished 1 or 2 task to create space & retain or sign players. Being that nothing has truly happened as far restructures or extentions & players continue leave as opposed to staying then it does not seem Smith is accomplishing much. The same cannot be said about others such as the Pats, Broncos, & even the Colts. They have all seemingly gotten better as it seems the Texans have gotten worse. My concern goes beyond just signing Reed.
Apparently they didn't think it was worth restructuring anyone to resign those players. I am not in favor of restructuring just to create space unless there is a perceived specific need for it. I am just more patient about this. I'll judge it at the end.