View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #1163
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Dude, he isn't about to come here just because AJ is here. Sorry, but I'm not buying that. Sure they may be really good friends and I've heard them say that and all that jizz. I've heard several other players from Miami say the same thing about how great it would be to come play with AJ many times. Yet, none of these guys go out of their way to come here. It's all smoke and mirrors. Sure, I had a buddy that came and interviewed at my company about a year ago. He said he really didn't want to work there, but he'd love to work at the same company as me. He got offered the job, but still didn't take it, because he had other options that were a little better and the money wasn't better. As much as we both wanted to work together, he wasn't about to take a position here when it wasn't an upgrade or a better situation for him.

At the end of the day football players move to other teams for two things.

A. More money and a bigger pay day.
B. One last good shot at a ring.

Now option A probably isn't going to fit because I don't think the Texans are going to pay him significantly more then what he will be offered by other teams. Even if they wanted to, I don't think they can.

And for option B, I don't think that Reed will view the Texans as some big time contender for next season due to Schaub being the QB here. It's a good team to go to and all, but with other teams like the Niners being involved and going after him, I don't see why he would rather come here. Andre Johnson may be his buddy, but players don't go to other teams just because they have some college buddy over there when they have better opportunities.

If this AJ friendship was such a factor, he would have already signed and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
Niners dropped out and Colts are less contenders than we are. Id even put Baltimore behind us with all their departures. Were HIS best option.