View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre offers to restructure... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
My point was AJ should not have to reach out. If feasible & helps the team then that option should've been explored beforehand & been done. The FO should know & exhaust its options BEFORE allowing players to continue to leave town. That doesn't seem to be the case here. That was my point.
Context is important and we only know a little of it. It is entirely plausible the Texans believe a fair max value for Reed is $6 mil and that they already had that money available so there was no need to ask for a restructure. Remember AJ was actively involved in this. AJ asks how the negotiations are going with Reed and they tell him we are still a mil apart and AJ says heck I'll restructure to close that gap. That isn't a lack of planning thing. Any GM would be stupid to walk into a negotiation with no upper limit on what they wanted to spend.