View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #1141
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
All I know is Schaub is damaged goods and will never lead the Texans to a championship. Remember I was a Schaub guy who still likes Schaub as a person/leader. I've got my doubts that Schaub will make it through next season.

Unfortunately the Texans need to draft and develop the next guy to try to lead them to a championship. Bray would be my guy. How do you feel about Keenum possibly being the Guy?
While Keenum's lack of height makes him a better fit in the shotgun, I believe he's smart enough to find the window to throw to from under center on quick throws and after taking his drop (with a defender coming quickly on a blitz or pushing the pocket hard - ie., one or two of our linemen lose too quickly).

The only real issue with him is to keep upright after taking some hits.
It helps that he has a very quick release (his old QB coach who also worked with Geno Smith and Weeden said that Keenum has the quickest release of the 3 - I guess I don't have to take those screen shots to prove it anymore) and he can read defense quickly so he does get the ball out very fast. That helped him avoiding some hits.

So yes, I think Keenum can be the guy.
Hey at least, Kubiak has a choice to bring him in when the team needs to go with the no huddle trying to play catch up.
That would find him in the shotgun more.
And Kubiak was very impressed with how he ran the no huddle last pre-season.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote