View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #24
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre offers to restructure... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's more than "a deal or two."

No big deal, man. But all of us on here call out one another on stuff like this. I even get called out on stuff.

The Texans, like any other team, are always thinking of every avenue to save money to then spend in improving the team.

The claim was that AJ reached out when really our front office should have done that first. Do you think that the front office announces any and all communication they have with players and agents? What is gained by publicly announcing you've asked AJ to restructure??? Not only is nothing gained, but you actually lose leverage in early stages of negotiations!

Think.
A deal or 2 was an exaggeration because it doesn't hapoen that often w/ the Texans. Last year consisted of 3, if I recall correctly, which included a restructure for Manning & 2 pay cuts to Nolan & Walter. Not ground breaking FO stuff there, but it does qualify. Not all teams announce their intentions to ask players to restructure, but it is done. As recently as Elway saying to the media that it needed to happen w/ Dumervil before yesterdays actions. So it does get announced by some. My point was AJ should not have to reach out. If feasible & helps the team then that option should've been explored beforehand & been done. The FO should know & exhaust its options BEFORE allowing players to continue to leave town. That doesn't seem to be the case here. That was my point.

I think the big difference between us on this is the faith we have in the Texans FO. I don't have much faith in Smith & its not improving, while you seem to have some left in you. The being called out on difference of opinion is not a problem. So no worries there, that's part of it. But you can't honestly say this team is better in its current state based on Smith's recent actions or lack thereof.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote