View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre offers to restructure... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
How many times are we going to go the "Andre will restructure" well in order to "win now"? How many times has Andre restructured already?

Maybe I'm missing something, but, is Ed Reed THAT important? I would have given my left testicle for him two years ago. But, now? I don't know. Does he still have any gas left? And, is whatever gas that's left worth it for Andre to restructure (which, as others have said, will only push these issues down the road, which will be worse in the long run)?

I'm not one of those "panic" people, and in no way am I panicking in this case. But sometimes I really don't understand this team.
After rewatching all 4 Ravens play-offs games, I would say that Ed Reed still has plenty left in his tank.

The Texans don't need AJ to restructure to ink Reed to a contract that cost somewhere between 5-6M, but if they want to acquire another FA, like a number 2 receiver, then they will need to.

There are other things they can do, for example, if they like The Ninja enough, they can extend his contract for a couple of years (at a lower rate than his current contract), gives him some money up front (about $2-3M) to get the cap space.

It doesn't make the burden much heavier.

Once they win the SB next year, they can cut Schaub to make everybody double-happy and still have plenty to redo Cushing's contract.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote