View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #1136
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the Texans are trying to low ball.......with heavy "incentives" to be built into the contract to cover a possible downturn in production or injury in these, his later playing years........just a thought as to why there may be such a lag in trying to sign him.
I've stated the same thing earlier on.

If we're at around 5 and he's at around 6 or even upwards of possibly 7...then I think it's reasonable, given his age and situation, to tell him we'll go 6 and he can earn an extra $500k per year IF we make the playoffs and IF he's played percentage of games and IF he's playing in the playoffs. The moment he finishes game 1 of the playoffs, he gets an extra $500k. Same thing in 2014.

I think that's fair. Welker got around 6, we're offering same deal with a potential for an extra $500k each season if things go the way it should. Ed knows we're capable of making the playoffs.

He wants to work out in Florida? Fine. Big damn deal. He's been doing it forever now. Makes him happy, then so be it.

Skip OTAs and take it easy in camp? Absolutely, Ed. Rest and read the playbook with your teammates during meetings.

This could still happen. I think AJ is trying all he can to get it done, so there's some good possibility that the front office might have had this as an ace up their sleeve if Team Reed rejected our lowest offer. What do you think?