View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #164
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
So by Barwin choosing not to sign the contract Smith offered...somehow how that was a smart move on Smith's behalf? I think Smith lucked out on that one courtesy of Barwin's self confidence or else Smith would easily be taking more heat on top of his resigning of Schaub imo. It seems despite Barwin's down season Smith chose to still pursue him until the end as he allowed Quin to walk w/out offering an official offer & Quin supposedly being the #1 priority this offseason. Needless to say Smith does keep us guessing.
When it comes to how Rick operates I'm not doing alot of guessing. If signing 2 top tier FA's every 5 yrs put a team in cap hell, then how do teams like the Pats/Eagles etc.... continue to operate? I think our GM is in over his head a little.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote