View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans re-sign OT Andrew Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yeah but i seriously doubt Rick just cuts guys without first talking it over/getting an opinion from our offensive guru kubiak.

I mean come on this is the same guy who while we had 1 TE and 1 FB against the pats was putting AJ in the back field and then sending him in motion, like it would fool the defense hahaha.

My point is i'm sure it was ran through Kubiak well before it was decided
Oh I have no doubt that it was discussed with both Kubiak and McNair .... but when you consider the facts they had little choice but to make some cuts. They had several vet min. guy's on the roster and were still up against the cap being within a couple million of the max for most of the season.

Gary was likely left with the options of losing Winston or Wade Smith and someone else adding up to Winstons dollar figure.
What do you do in that situation ? Cut one guy or multiple players ?!

As for sending players in motion , fooling the defense isnt the only goal - gathering information on the defense and coverage is just as big a part of pre-snap motion as creating favorable matchups.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote