View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013   #13
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free Agents we should look at

Sharpton will probably start next to Cushing. Karlos Dansby or Dan Connor could provide depth at ILB to replace Dobbins and/or Ruud in rotation with Sharpton. Brad Jones could start at ILB next to Cushing but they won't pay for him. I think they realize they need someone with better cover skills than Sharpton next to Cushing who also becomes a free-agent next year so they'll probably draft at ILB.

They'll probably pick up an outside pass-rusher in the draft. No, they won't pay for Elvis Dumervil.

With Rashad Butler presumably gone, they'll need a body at right tackle. I still find it hard to see Newton, a seventh round pick, as the answer. I wouldn't mind seeding Winston return. Andre Smith from Cincinnati could probably start but would probably cost too much. Perhaps a rookie could be platooned with Newton. They may well re-sign Ryan Harris and stand pat.

Ed Reed is over-rated. They should draft a strong-safety in the second or third round and move Manning to free-safety, his natural position, re-sign Demps and another body to help, like Corey Lynch, also a great special-teams player, or maybe Michael Huff as he can play both spots.

There aren't any free-agent receivers out there that I see as starters, perhaps Michael Spurlock from San Diego.