View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #1084
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I don't want another journeyman type again. Bradie James was **** last year and Dobbins was decent against the run. I'm of the opinion that they not only need 1 but 2 good ILBs now. You can never have enough linebackers for this defense and when your #1 guy is coming off an acl, it's imperative to have a good group of guys behind him. The safety position is a hole now and it is a big hole, but if you don't have a good front 7 then it doesn't matter who you have back there, you're going to get burned for big plays consistently.
I dont disagree with the bottom line .... Just remembering all the piss poor safety play we saw before Quin and Manning and I think Quin is a much better player than any of the ILB's not named Cushing.

They lost at least one significant player at every level of the defense - Cody , Barwin , James , Dobbins and Quin.
Im really wondering how Smith pieces together this defense with such limited cap space.

I mentioned this in the Mock Draft section a while back .... But I could see them starting Earl Mitchell with Crick being his primary backup at the NT spot rather than spending significant money in FA or a premium draft choice on the NT spot ....

This is going to be a really interesting offseason ... and I could see them taking a big step back if Rick Smith doesnt figure out how to replace all the production lost to FA and cutting Walter. I dont know that they can spend significant money or draft choices on each position of need ....

This roster is full of holes right now on both sides of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Starting fullbacks are not that hard to come by. Don't need a starting nt, og, ot. We just need a starting inside linebacker, a #2 receiver and a safety.
They are woefully thin at OT right now ..... add to that Newton coming off of surgery and the need for an OT seems significant to me.

Games are won and lost in the trenches .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote