View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #1078
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Safety isn't even the biggest hole on this defense, but ILB is. Now that Brooks Reed is staying outside, who do we have lining up next to Cushing? Is Cushing going to be 100% ever? I think it's foolish if the Texans are counting on Cushing to take most of the snaps on defense. It's a prescription for another injury. We also don't have a starter on nose tackle, there's the obvious need at receiver and tight end. Then there's the matter of filling up the roster with quality backup players that we've lost so far.
Not all agree with you on ILB. I think WR2 and NT with the former extending both AJ and Matt's careers. A solid NT can reduced the need or at least the quality of ILB such that a later round pick like my guy AJ Klein could succeed in that D. Having said this, with a similar situation last off season in a starting OLB (Mario) leaving in free agency and Barwin & Reed starting what position was drafted #1? Same scenario...same pick? Especially with all the so call starting WR waiting for us in second round?