View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #1076
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Saying flow of the thread doesn't change the fact Foster is effectively getting paid more than $5.25 mil this year. Average over the life of the contract and average cap hit are the same and are not average base salary.
Foster is not getting paid more than $5.25 m that is it. He might earn $500,000 in "other bonus". We had this same type conversation on another thread where you jump to what you want to talk about rather than what is being talked about by posters. His 2013 cap is $8.25 m and his average over life of contract is $8.7 m so you are wrong there also.

A player is only interested in his dollars in a new contract not what his cap may be. As long as he gets what he wants the team can arrange it anyway they want to benefit team cap. Again what you don't want to get is we were talking salaries so I compared salaries of Texan players. If Reed or any other player is signed and we know complete specifics we can then compare cap numbers.