View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #1075
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont really agree with that .... The other ILB next to Cushing wasnt as talented as Quin. James , Dobbins , Ruud .... were servicable players nothing more and were only asked to play 1-2 downs. Quin was a three down player and very versatile being able to essentially step into the box playing a LBer spot.

With Cushing out .... yeah , ILB is a bigger need but with him you can get away with a journeyman type there.
I don't want another journeyman type again. Bradie James was **** last year and Dobbins was decent against the run. I'm of the opinion that they not only need 1 but 2 good ILBs now. You can never have enough linebackers for this defense and when your #1 guy is coming off an acl, it's imperative to have a good group of guys behind him. The safety position is a hole now and it is a big hole, but if you don't have a good front 7 then it doesn't matter who you have back there, you're going to get burned for big plays consistently.