View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #1053
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If rumors are true that we wanted $5 mill-per and Ed wanted closer to an average of around $6 or $7 mill-per....then, yeah it's over.

For us, that $1 or $2 mill is vital for other needs. And frankly this possibly Ed trying for a big deal with the Texans, cashing in a favor of Andre Johnson to take a run at joining our team at the same time. Two birds with one stone. After this, our front office should tell AJ to stop the twitter invitations to his pals out there (psssst! It doesn't work out well for us, Andre.).
Well, let's think about this. It's not my money, so I really don't care. Aj is saying he is willing to restructure, so more or less, it's his money. If he is saying he will restructure his contract so they can bring Ed Reed in...... Let's say Andre restructures to clear another $10M over 2 years... that's Reed, plus $3M/yr for the next two.

I'm not saying I want to pay him $7M. I really don't care how much they pay. But like Quin & Barwin, sometimes it just has to "sound" like $7M/yr. Throw Flacco in there too.

We could sign him to a 3yr $21M contract ($7M/yr) But guarantee him $8M over the next two years plus incentives.