View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #1033
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

If rumors are true that we wanted $5 mill-per and Ed wanted closer to an average of around $6 or $7 mill-per....then, yeah it's over.

For us, that $1 or $2 mill is vital for other needs. And frankly this possibly Ed trying for a big deal with the Texans, cashing in a favor of Andre Johnson to take a run at joining our team at the same time. Two birds with one stone. After this, our front office should tell AJ to stop the twitter invitations to his pals out there (psssst! It doesn't work out well for us, Andre.).

Time is ticking, though, so the Texans have to decide if they sit out too long and miss out on the FAs that could be money well spent...or if we maybe overpay a bit for someone right now ASAP.

I don't think the fans will stomach non-action right now, then a really putrid free agency signing in the summer which adds up to being a farce when we really screwed the pooch waiting on Ed Reed and watching other guys get signed.

They need to peg $5 million or maybe up to $6 million to spend on ANY freaking player they think can even marginally help our team....then use the remaining $5 million or so for rookie deals and emergency cash if we need to sign someone during camp or preseason due to an injury of ours.

If the Texans don't follow my strategy, then they are dumb. I do this on a message board all day, so I'm pretty good at imaginary GM. A legend in my own mind, of course. LOL.