View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #183
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't agree with that at all right now. It may come out that it was a mistake, but I seriously doubt it. They had 30 minutes to get the contract signed and sent back to the office. It took them 37 minutes. That just doesn't sound right to me. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him sign a deal with another team in the next day or two with at least 10+ million in 2013 salary + total signing bonus. He's a big name and has a great resume. If Barwin can get 6 a year, Dumerville can get 8 or more easy.

I'm with GP on this, I just don't think that other team the agent was talking to is the Texans.
Agree. I was posting on my phone so didn't clarify that it could be any number of teams, not just Texans.

But I did say that it would be giving way too much Pimp Cred to Rick Smith to say this was all happening via a Rick and Wade strategy.

I'd pay $8 mill-per for Elvis, restructure our guys to make it fit. He's a LB and we're in need of that as much as a Safety.....though a good Safety might be the better investment due to budget issues.