View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #1010
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm referring to the first three years. The article & a couple just like it are saying Flacco is going to earn $51M the first two years & $62 over the first three.

Maybe they meant to say he'll receive $62M over the first three years, but even if that's true, handswarmer can't be right about Flacco's cap number.

Edit: Let me go over it again, but it looks like they're counting his prorated bonus & his bonus as money received.
Ah, I see what you meant now. Yeah, signing bonuses are always reported as what the player received that year, like when Arian Foster got ~18m last year for signing his new deal. 6m in salary + 12m signing bonus. Cap hits are separate from that, it's just a context issue.

Although, the Flacco deal overall is crazy. His guaranteed money and salary structure is completely unmanageable after the 3rd year, and it just begs for a restructuring+extension. I like Flacco, but I don't think for a moment that he's worth the kind of money he got in that deal.