View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #998
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
What's really funny is that you are silly enough to believe what you just spewed while ignoring the big picture & the fact that he convinced a key member of his team to take a pay cut. Missing the deadline on getting signature because of the player pales in comparison to the fact that Elway kept his team intact & strong by getting the player to take a pay cut. A pay cut on a contract that many are already predicting the player will resign. Hardly a dramatic screw up, but I realize the desperation in trying to prove something. LOL! Please try again because that was not that good of an example of screwing the pooch based on what all Elway has accomplished thus far.
I'm not sure what you're saying here, I think you're talking about Dumerville. If you are, I think that's a good point. Why would Dumerville take a paycut he'll get paid if he hits free agency. This dude just came off a double digit sack year for the third time in a 6 year career.

Then Philly gets Barwin to ink a deal where he's only getting $4.5M over the first three years of the deal. Only $8Million guaranteed over the first 2 years, then you can cut him at no cost. I see no reason we couldn't afford to pay Connor $4.5M/yr. & if Rick Smith offered Connor something similar before 2012 & couldn't seal the deal..... I mean, c'mon guys. The writing is on the wall.

& if Quin is signing deals similar to what we would've/should've/could've offered??? I'm sorry (not really) but the man (Smith) has a lot to prove.