View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Great move? I think I will have to disagree. They had to cut the loss; that's all they did.

A great move would have been to get all the paperwork to the league office on time. All he had to do is to have one of his guys there to get the signature and do the faxing instead of relying on the agent.

It was an honest mistake, but they still lost nearly $5M in cap space for nothing but wasted time and agony.
I don't agree with that at all right now. It may come out that it was a mistake, but I seriously doubt it. They had 30 minutes to get the contract signed and sent back to the office. It took them 37 minutes. That just doesn't sound right to me. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him sign a deal with another team in the next day or two with at least 10+ million in 2013 salary + total signing bonus. He's a big name and has a great resume. If Barwin can get 6 a year, Dumerville can get 8 or more easy.

I'm with GP on this, I just don't think that other team the agent was talking to is the Texans.