View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #995
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I guess you haven't read the news
Ummmm...yes I have. That's why I know what you are talking about since you gave no details. Dumervil took a pay cut & failed to get his signature on the contract in time & the Broncos missed the deadline to have it filed by a few minutes. Now Dumervil can test the market as a FA, but many have said the amount Dumervil was to get paid is a good deal compared to what others have signed for & expect him to resign the contract. Guess you are still missing or refusing to acknowledge that last little tidbit that I keep stating as well as the big picture that Elway continues to move his team in the right direction. If you think that small mistake wipes away all the good Elway has done as you, as well as.many others,continue to make excuses for Smith then you are only fooling yourself. It's really not that complicated.

Side note- to be fair some are reporting that Dumervil being "cut" due to the technicality will result in $5M in dead money & he could possibly not be reigned. Either way this was option the Broncos were exploring beforehand & still freed them of his $12M salary. This still doesn't erase all that Elway has done, but is a mistake that wasn't intended.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote