View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #920
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

I will NEVER forgive Rick Smith if this deal doesn't get done (and it looks like it won't). If Reed is using the Texans as leverage, it's because this incompetent staff lets them.

Deals don't take this long. You don't have to pick them up in your private ****ing jet. You don't have to make a three-day-long publicized drama to pump up his ego. Look at how long it took the Broncos to get something done with Wes Welker, the Eagles with James Casey and Connor Barwin, the Lions with Glover Quin the Patriots with Danny Amendola. Lay out the terms to his agent and say I need a decision by XXX or I'm moving on to my next option.

Instead, the Texans chose the option of kiss the ground he walks on for days, all with apparently no guarantees from the Reed camp and while other notable free agents sign elsewhere. The problem with the Houston Texans runs rampant throughout the organization -- they're nice guys. There's zero killer instinct and ability to make the cutthroat decisions needed to win at a high level. We already knew it was true with the coach and owner, and this episode makes it seem equally true with the GM.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote